Everything about Online Newsrooms — Lead and reach major news outlets
Date: April 29, 2010
Time: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Place: Riviera Resort & Spa in Palm Springs, California
Cost: $225 | view PDF conference brochure
A media room is ground zero for publishing news and information about your organization on the Web. Of all the information shared about you online, your own press room should lead the way in delivering timely, factual updates with supporting multimedia items.
Yet many corporate communicators remain dependent upon IT and Web design personnel to publish newsroom information online.
In this session the creator of the NewsCactus online newsroom software, Pete Codella, will walk you through the features of a newsroom most requested by journalists. He’ll share newsroom case studies and best practices. And he’ll discuss the pros and cons of hosted and non-hosted newsroom solutions.
In this session you’ll learn how to:
- Publish press releases online utilizing Really Simple Syndication (RSS) to deliver content in multiple ways
- Design a newsroom that incorporates the most important elements including media contacts, a searchable archive of announcements, and press kits
- Determine the best approach for your organization: build a newsroom yourself or use a hosted service
- Produce content that supports the search optimization strategy of your organization
- Utilize multimedia — documents, images, logos, video and audio files — to tell more of your story
- Establish a newsroom and following that serves as a benchmark for your industry
- Optimize your press releases for social media sharing