A presentation for the Salt Lake Chamber’s annual board retreat on June 9, 2015.
Like a phone call, email, lunch appointment or round of golf, social media is a tool used in business. While it’s not a silver bullet, social media can benefit an organization in many ways. Some find it difficult connecting the activity of social media to accomplishing business goals and objectives. In this session we’ll explore about a dozen ways executives in some of today’s most well known, highest-valued companies use social media to further the goals of their organizations.
Some questions to consider:
- Name today’s popular social media platforms.
- What have been some of your social media engagements with clients or customers?
- How have you been assisted as a consumer through social media?
- What are some of the purposes for which companies and organizations use social media?
- If a company posts blog articles, what’s a good frequency for publishing and what kinds of topics should be addressed?
Date: June 9, 2015
Time: 10:45 to 11:45 a.m.
Place: Wells Fargo Building, downtown Salt Lake City
Here’s a PDF of Pete’s presentation slides.
Here’s a link to Pizza Hut’s The Dangers of Selfie Sticks PSA.